Friday, January 9, 2009

The Lost Violence of Holevent Town (Pt.4)

[Recap: Previously, I was trapped in a hut with an unknown army, and the Nazi armies were about to raid the hut. The American army and I had no choice but to run away from the hut. Time was running out and we had to face the consequences of being noticed by the Nazis.]

“Wat! Hey hold a sec! You’re telling me to run and the Nazis are here,” I asked the army in a very shocking manner. “Hell Yeah! You’ve got a problem with that," he replied in a way as he was used to it. Seriously, I didn’t deserve to be in a war or any other war. Life, itself, was quite challenging to live and yet people were having wars.

The atmosphere was still covered with a think layer of hazy clouds and at the same time, I could only imagine myself walking through the sky with an unclear midst of self-denying acknowledgment. The war was not real. Everything was just a dream. I closed my eyes and pinched myself to hope for a change for tonight as everything would get back to normal. A change for tonight could mean a lot for others who have lost their sons, families, relatives and friends. For me, I would get back where I came from, a small hometown with nothing except a large green field of love, freedom and hope and also a meaningful small cottage with lots of great experiences during my childhood. However, the devastation continued as I opened my eyes with the German armies getting closer to the hut.Sometimes, I thought of something. Maybe, a damage was done would forever remain with us, just like a scar. Anyway, I was not going to let my hope down. My journey continued with the attack getting closer. We, finally, ran away from the hut as fast as possible. At first, I was a little panicked and cold, but later, I was quite alright with it. Soon, everything seemed quite fine. I felt something. It was like running along with the wind of freedom and hope. It was wonderful.

Sometimes, a small hut, although selfless and small, was still meaningful to someone, especially me. It brought lots of fond and incredible memories. That moment reflected my great childhood life while I was running away from the hut. I felt like a kid, running around my wooden cottage with a sweet looking garden of vivid flowers on the ground. Life was meant to be colorful. I was not going to get back to where I was from. I felt very tired of finding my home through darkness and misery. It was so dark that it could lead one to a deep frustration of finding happiness. As every single mesmerizing gunshot fired, a picture of my sweet and wonderful memories flickered in my mind with a bright light. I had never run with such a great joy of freedom. I enjoyed this freedom of no sufferings and felt enlightened. Suddenly, a white and bright, powerful light struck me. It seemed my hopes were starting to fade away. I fell on the ground, hoping the same place where I used to lay my body on a large green field of flying butterflies, during my hometown sweet summer time. I hoped I could just rest in peace.

No comments: